Challenges with Federation with JIRA

Sudheer Naik September 24, 2018

We are planning to implement the Federation concept of JIRA. Before we do the POC, I am preparing a list of evaluation criteria, i am looking out for challenges which teams had faced earlier while implementation of Federation. Also, what all needs to be tested as part of Federation POC? 

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

Hi Sudheer,

I've not tried it yet so I did some digging to understand what you were asking about. (It's how I learn :) )

There is a very good article on Federation here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/federating-jira-managing-multiple-instances-461504624.html

If you haven't read it yet, check it out. It may not answer your question, but its a good starting point. 

-Scott

...I'm going to "watch" your post and see what others have to say. 

Sudheer Naik September 25, 2018

Thanks Scott. Yes, this is our base document where we started off. This document clearly explains the federation process. But we are doing a POC and wanted to ensure that we are looking into all issues which will be encountered when this is implemented. 

For e.g. Do we really need a single sign on for each instance if the user id's are from LDAP? 

Suggest an answer