Hi all,

After upgrading jira from 5.2.9 to 6.1.5, some groovy scripts does not work. In the log records, there is a cast exception as "Cannot cast object 'my user object' with class 'com.atlassian.jira.user.DelegatingApplicationUser' to class 'com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User'

Is there any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Henning Tietgens Community Champion Jan 22, 2014

You can use the ApplicationUsers class to convert between User and ApplicationUser.

Thank you Henning, now it is clear. I get values from custom fields which contain users and use "User" object for return values. However, according to the document you shared above it says:

• If you read values from CustomFields containing Users. In older versions CustomFieldsused to return User object, in 6.0 JIRA returns ApplicationUser. As in 6.0 these types are totally incompatible, you will probably get an exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.jira.user.DelegatingApplicationUser cannot be cast to com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User

So, I add "import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUsers" line in script code and use toDirectoryUser(ApplicationUser user) method to convert ApplicationUser to User.

Am I right?

Henning Tietgens Community Champion Jan 22, 2014

Yes, if the following method needs an ApplicationUser.

Yes, I need to convert ApplicationUser to User object so I use toDirectoryUsers method of ApplicationUsers class which accepts an ApplicationUser object.

My ex-code:

Collection<User> users = (Collection) issue.getCustomFieldValue(releatedPeopleCf)//relatedPeopleCf is a multi user picker cf

New code:

Collection<User> users = (Collection) ApplicationUsers.toDirectoryUsers(issue.getCustomFieldValue(relatedPeopleCf))

This is the correct usage, isnt it?

Henning Tietgens Community Champion Jan 23, 2014

Looks good to me :-)

Thanks for kindly help Henning, it is ok now ;)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

158 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you