Cannot see Agile Boards in Internet Explorer

I have more than one JIRA user that can not see any Agile Boards when using IE. These are very capable users, reasonably confident it's not a user error. One was using IE10, the other IE11. We're on Jira 6.2.2.

I am unable to replicate the problem. Any ideas?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I don't think there are boards for Jira 2.2.2! Are you sure that's the right version?

Oops! Thanks. I corrected the version to 6.2.2.

Oops :-)

Could you clarify "can not see any Agile boards"? Simple 404 error, no options on the menu, options linking to screens which have empty displays?

Everything appears completely normally. But no boards are listed. So they think either no boards exist or that they don't have permission to see them. They get the "Manage Boards" in upper left. And the Atlassian logo in the center. But no column headers and no boards. Attaching an image.

Eep, sorry, I missed your response.

First, are you sure they should be able to see the boards? Have they created one of their own just to test it?

Secondly, can you try it with another browser, one with a different engine (Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc, doesn't matter which one, just something that doesn't use the same as IE)

Yes, I'm sure they should be able to see the boards. They can see them with any other browser. It's only IE in which they can't see them.

Hmm, well, IE11 isn't really supported if I remember correctly, but they should definitely work in IE10. I have a minor nagging doubt - do they have "compatibility mode" enabled? If so, could you try turning it off and retrying the boards? After that though, I'm stumped.

I'd be strongly tempted to raise this as a support call with Atlassian.

In my own attempt to replicate the problem I tried it with and without compatibiilty mode enabled and it made no difference.

I'll open a ticket. thx nic

This widget could not be displayed.

This is probably related to this bug which was caused by this one, fixed in JIRA Agile 6.6.21.

As mentioned there, you can also use a workaround to get rid of this problem, which is disable the inline edit in JIRA.

Cheers,
Andre 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

536 views 23 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you