Cannot search and sort by custom field in Jira

Ruben Sadoyan November 26, 2013

Guys,

Jira version: v6.0.2#6097-sha1:e270beb

Created custom select field with 3 pre-defined values.

When trying to search get "' is not searchable, it is only sortable."

Trying to sort - "An internal server error occurred when requesting resource ."

Works with other custom fields.

What is wrong?

Thanks for your help.

3 answers

1 vote

Thanks a lot Nic, it worked :)

1 vote

re-indexed, both are select list.

What "searcher" did you select when you created it? - I did not understood what do you mean?

Thanks,

R.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2013

When you click "add new field" and choose a type, Jira asks you about a name for it, what searcher to use and the project/issue types to apply it to. That's where you select a searcher. Go to "edit" on the field to check this.

Also, when you say "select list", is that *exactly* what both the working and broken fields show beneath their names on the list of custom fields?

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2013

What type of custom field is it (and the others that do work)? What "searcher" did you select when you created it? Have you re-indexed?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

i assume what Nic is aming at is this field

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2013

Yup. Sorry, I keep forgetting it's called "search template" in later versions

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events