Cannot scroll horizontally in Agile User Story Map Add on

For some reason I cannot scroll horizontally in Agile User Story Map .

Or another way to put this is I can only Zoom in on the Left Most epics.

And oddly enough I know that the demo in http://bauer-information-technology.com/jira-plugin/agile-user-story-map/# has the Horizontal Scrollbar. But I just do not see this scroll bar in my installation.

And could that imply that since the Live Demo is Version 2.1.2 , that there is a bug in 2.2.0 ?

Specifications

I have JIRA 6.0.7 , latest JIRA Agile and Agile User Story Map 2.2.0 .

Running the latest Chrome on Mac OS X .

6 answers

Having the same issue, even with the demo link above - no horiz scroll regardless of zoom level. Seems to be an issue on Safari, Chrome and FF on MAC. Can use the tool without it, so I hope there is a fix.

Same issue, also on mac (Mavericks). Chrome and Safari have no sideways scroll bar.

Having the same problem on windows 8.1 with latest Chrome also. No sideways scroll bar. Can only zoom to the top left corner of the stories.

In IE 11 the behaviour is even worse, you can only see the top 2 inches of the board. The horizontal area is so narrow and cannot be increased to full screen height meaning that over 1/2 of the screen height is unused regardless of the monitor size.

Thanks Florian. What is the expected timeline for your next releases?

We are currently evaluating the Story Map plugin but without horizontally scrolling I don't think I can move forward with using it.

we currently have no concrete release date but we plan a bigger update within Q3.

Florian

Michal,

That seems odd. Can you try to clear the browser cache and check if that will help?

If not, then delete the content of the work directory and also the content of the caches directory and after that perform re-indexing for your JIRA instance.

I hope that was helpful.

CLearing browser cache did not seem to help.

When clearing the JIRA work and caches directories, I assume I should shut off JIRA , and then restart after doing that ?

Hi Michael,

the horizontal scroll bar is bound to the zoom slider at the navigation bar and should be appear after moving it.

Cheers,

Florian

Florian, that does not help. We are on Macs. Have you tested this on a Mac? We have a lot of epics and desperately need the scrollbar if we are to use your Story Map product. Please help!

Florian, I've set my OSX scroll bar preferences to "always on". This is working for now, but it's still a problem in your UI you need to address, please. Thank you!

well, we are aware of this zoom/scroll bar restrictions and are working at an improved solution, which should be delivered in one of our next releases.
Thank you for reporting!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,855 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot