Cannot scroll horizontally in Agile User Story Map Add on

Michal August 29, 2013

For some reason I cannot scroll horizontally in Agile User Story Map .

Or another way to put this is I can only Zoom in on the Left Most epics.

And oddly enough I know that the demo in http://bauer-information-technology.com/jira-plugin/agile-user-story-map/# has the Horizontal Scrollbar. But I just do not see this scroll bar in my installation.

And could that imply that since the Live Demo is Version 2.1.2 , that there is a bug in 2.2.0 ?

Specifications

I have JIRA 6.0.7 , latest JIRA Agile and Agile User Story Map 2.2.0 .

Running the latest Chrome on Mac OS X .

6 answers

1 vote
Jeff Wood April 30, 2014

Thanks Florian. What is the expected timeline for your next releases?

We are currently evaluating the Story Map plugin but without horizontally scrolling I don't think I can move forward with using it.

Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2014

we currently have no concrete release date but we plan a bigger update within Q3.

Florian

1 vote
Marina Garrison March 2, 2014

Having the same problem on windows 8.1 with latest Chrome also. No sideways scroll bar. Can only zoom to the top left corner of the stories.

In IE 11 the behaviour is even worse, you can only see the top 2 inches of the board. The horizontal area is so narrow and cannot be increased to full screen height meaning that over 1/2 of the screen height is unused regardless of the monitor size.

1 vote
Paul Turnbull January 13, 2014

Having the same issue, even with the demo link above - no horiz scroll regardless of zoom level. Seems to be an issue on Safari, Chrome and FF on MAC. Can use the tool without it, so I hope there is a fix.

Marina Garrison January 27, 2014

Same issue, also on mac (Mavericks). Chrome and Safari have no sideways scroll bar.

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2014
well, we are aware of this zoom/scroll bar restrictions and are working at an improved solution, which should be delivered in one of our next releases.
Thank you for reporting!
0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2013

Hi Michael,

the horizontal scroll bar is bound to the zoom slider at the navigation bar and should be appear after moving it.

Cheers,

Florian

Lindsay Ogden March 2, 2014

Florian, that does not help. We are on Macs. Have you tested this on a Mac? We have a lot of epics and desperately need the scrollbar if we are to use your Story Map product. Please help!

Lindsay Ogden March 2, 2014

Florian, I've set my OSX scroll bar preferences to "always on". This is working for now, but it's still a problem in your UI you need to address, please. Thank you!

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2013

Michal,

That seems odd. Can you try to clear the browser cache and check if that will help?

If not, then delete the content of the work directory and also the content of the caches directory and after that perform re-indexing for your JIRA instance.

I hope that was helpful.

Michal September 3, 2013

CLearing browser cache did not seem to help.

When clearing the JIRA work and caches directories, I assume I should shut off JIRA , and then restart after doing that ?

Suggest an answer