Cannot reactivate user

Vladimir Lobas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2020

I have an issue trying to reactivate account. When I invite our developer to Jira I see the Account disabled label.

I tried to find out the solution. And it was: go to admin.atlassian.com -> Your organisation -> Directory -> Managed Accounts. There were no verified domains, so I verified one. But I think there is another problem. I verified www-domain. But our emails are not using www-domain, so I have 0 accounts to claim. Then I entered non-www-domain and I got the message: "Someone already verified this domain under another organization."

Both www and non-www domains are managed by our organisation. I suppose that our former developer created another account and verified non-www-domain for test. But now we don't have access to his account.

How can I verify non-www-domain in this situation and finally reenable account?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2020

Hello Vladimir,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When a user is deactivated, we need to grant access to the site again on the Administration's page, it's not necessary to verify a domain and activate the user on "Managed accounts".

As a site-admin, you need to go to Screenshot 2020-02-27_15-13-26-246.png > Administration > Users.

On this page, you can filter to show only deactivated users and once you find the user you need to activate, click on "Grant site access".

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Vladimir Lobas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2020

Hello.

As I said, I can't reactivate account because I have a label "This user's Atlassian account has been disabled. Contact the user's organization administrators to enable the account."

And I cannot find any page where these accounts are listed.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2020

Thank you for the details, Vladimir.

Checking similar cases, I was able to see that when this issue happens it means that the user was deactivated on another Organization.  

The developer you are trying to add was a user on another site and someone else verified the domain and deactivated the account. 

Please, ask the user to check who was their previous administrator and ask them to reactivate the account.

When the domain is verified, the person who does that has full control of the account, because they prove that they own the domain, so only the other Organization administrator can reactivate the account.

Dan Gozdiff
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 10, 2024

I'm having the same issue with one of my users.  I am the administrator and can verify I did not deactivate this user.  I'm unable to find where/how to reactivate them.

Status message:

This user's Atlassian account has been deactivated. Contact the user's organization administrators to reactivate the account.

Alton Brailovskiy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 16, 2024

I am having the same issue! 

Suggest an answer