Cannot paste or attach an image in a comment on a JIRA issue or when editing the description

Martijn Stokhof November 9, 2018

There are two ways to add an image to a comment:

1. Pasting it from the clipboard directly into the 'Add a comment...' field.
  2. Using the 'Files and images' button which is shown when you click in the comment field.

Either way, the image that I pasted/selected is shown as a thumbnail, but as soon as I save the comment, the image is removed. It is not shown in the Attachments section and the comment does not contain the image.

I am able to attach an image to an issue while creating the issue. The image is shown as an attachment. I cannot add an image while adding the description, it shows the same behaviour when adding an image into a comment.

My user has the Create Attachment permission, attachments are enabled. Do I oversee a setting? I expect to be able to add images to comments, it's just after the save action that the image is removed.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

2 votes
Ethan May 14, 2023

I am having the same problem today and I am reporting to customer support.

aturski June 26, 2023

I have similar problem, cannot paste images, links etc. Workaround is to duplicate the card, then adding comments, pasting etc work fine.

Idk if this is correct place, or I should create new ticket for that.

I use JIRA cloud.

Like Carlos Garcia Alvarez likes this
Carlos Garcia Alvarez April 3, 2024

This is very basic and it doesn't work trying to add an image to the defect comments either by pasting or dragging the jpg.  There is not errors, it just don't work

Guys can you fix this issue, its very annoying

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2018

@Martijn Stokhof

Did you check if you still have enough space for your attachments?

What error are you seeing on the logs?

Best,

Martijn Stokhof November 12, 2018

Hi Fadoua,

Thank you for your reply. Since this is JIRA cloud, I don't know what's in the log files or if there's enough space left for our attachments, although we're not using attachments very often.

I have asked Atlassian support to look into it.

Thanks, Martijn.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2018

@Martijn Stokhofthank you for the update! True with cloud version there isn't much you can do from your end. I ma sure Atlassian Team will fix the issue for you.

All the best,

Suggest an answer