Cannot install CLI plugin

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi

I am trying to install the JIRA CLI plugin through the manage addon function.

But i get this error.

I downloaded the corect compatible version on my desktop and provided the path to the plugin and uploaded. But got this error.

Any idea how may i get rid of it?

Could not find a handler capable of installing the add-on at jira-cli-3.7.0-distribution.zip. Check that the file is a valid add-on.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

It's not an addon to be installed. It runs on the client machine, not inside Jira (although I've used it a few times on the Jira server, it's still external to Jira).

Download it to your machine and use it on your command line!

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Nic

Can you please point me to the documentation on how to use the CLI plugin for JIRA.

I simply cannot find it. In fact the steps to install on the marketplace is to upload it through the manage addons link (confusing)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.cli

Rahul

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2014
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

Ohh, yes, it does say that on the first page. That's weird, it's always been an external thing that runs on a client and not the server! I'm guessing those instructions are "boilerplate" - standard defaults for every addon.

I was going to point you at the link you already found...

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2014

Yes, that is boilerplate from Marketplace. I will write up an Marketplace issue for that :(.

Another clarification. There is both a CLI client AND CLI plugin. This page describes the differences: What is the difference between CLI clients and CLI plugins?

Suggest an answer