Can you set the default role given to G Suite users?

Carny June 3, 2019

Our users are synced via G Suite. New users created by this integration start with the Trusted role. Is there some place to set this default? I would like to set them to Basic.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2019

Hello Carny,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
Currently, it's not possible to set the default permission when creating a new user. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6769
Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

Carny June 5, 2019

Seems like an odd default. Thank you for the reference link.

Narmada Jayasankar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

Hi Carny,

I'm the product manager for Atlassian's G Suite integration. I'm looking to connect with customers who have used the Gsuite integration in the recent past to get feedback on the integration. Would you be open to chatting with me and some other members of my team?

Thanks!

Narmada

Product Manager, Atlassian

Like Carny likes this
Carny November 1, 2019

Hi Narmada - Absolutely.

Narmada Jayasankar
Atlassian Team
November 1, 2019

Great! Can you email me (njayasankar@atlassian.com) a few 60 min slots of your availability in the next couple of weeks?

Suggest an answer