Can you make a view with an editable list of issues?

Peter Gissel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2011

Is there a way to view a list of issue where the fields are editable? Rather than having to select each issue inidividually and edit it, then go back to the list, select a different and edit it, etc... I was wondering if there was some way to edit at least a subset of fields directly from a list or data grid, or maybe a view with both the list and the selected issue similar to Outlook? That way you could see the list and edit the selected issue at the same time.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Cooper
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2011

At version 4.3.4 (cant remember which one brought it in) You can do so much more from the issue navigator.

Using the Gear (tool icon) at the right hanmd side of the issue you have access to the full action menu, which lets you:

View Issue, Resolve Issue, Edit, Assign, Assign To me, Comment, attach files, screenshots, Watch.............etcetectectec

In the majority of cases you get a dialog box to make the change and then are right back at the list. Even the edit brings up the edit dialog and then returns to your list. It is very quick and all done on teh same page, so no having to go into the Issue view and then return.

Otherwise the only other option is Greenhopper, which in its List view presents the issues with the closet to your required view and enables inline editing of most information (can be configured to show more).

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2011

I haven't seen any preview or inline edit modes. Your best bet is bulk edit but only if you are going to put the same values for the fields on all issues.

If you want to edit different values, search the issues in issue navigator, go to an issue, edit it, click the next arrow on the right hand side top to navigate to the next issue and so on. Not what you are asking but easier option if you haven't noticed this before.

Cathy Davis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2019

Thks for this.  it seem ridiculous to not be able to edit fields in List View. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events