Can you make Fix/Version only editable by a certain role

Heather Shaffer August 26, 2022

I see that on the project area that there are multiple fields you can control based on permissions of the individual but Fix/Version is not one of them. My question is can I make only that field editable by a specific group of people? If so how do I go about doing this? Do I need to create a new scheme ? 

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Heather Shaffer ,

No you cant do that exactly as you say. A workaround would be to create a self transition with a screen including only that field, and add a condition on that transition so that only a specific role or group can use it.

0 votes
Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2022

Hi Heather

To complement Alex solution, not an easy way but it works.

1) Remove 'fix/version' field from issue 'Edit' screen

2) Create a GLOBAL transition in the workflow, a self transition. That way it will be available in every status, but won't change the current status once used.

3) Add a screen to that transition with 'Summary' field

4) Add all necessary conditions to that transition, to make it available only to certain project roles.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Joby John January 30, 2024

1) Remove 'fix/version' field from issue 'Edit' screen - how to do this. :)

Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2024

go to the Project configuration, in the summary , find the Issue Type Screen Scheme and locate the Edit screen, may have 1 screen for all actions. that's fine. Remove the fix/version field from the screen pressing the Remove button at the right side.

Let me know how it goes, cheers.

Nico

Suggest an answer