Can we restore a single issue in Jira

Saurabh Sharma May 2, 2012

We can export an Issue in form of XML and DOC from JIRA.

But can we restore a single issue in JIRA (may be from this XML) ?

4 answers

1 vote
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2012

Hi there,

I'm not sure if you could get the data from the XML backup, but in order to restore or import a single issue you could use the CSV import feature. Please review this documentation for detailed information on this

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2012

Hi Saurabh,

Could you please try the following, as mentioned by the mentioned documentation

If a row contains more columns than there are header columns, then the excess columns will be added as comments (though see JRA-7672).

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

Saurabh Sharma May 6, 2012

Hi Septa

Yes this method is adding comment

but i am using format 'date;user;comment body' and when this is imported, this string becomes comment and in place of user i specified it tooks my name and in place of date (one month older) it takes current date

Thanks and regards

Saurabh

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2012

Hi Saurabh,

Sorry, it seems that there is a misunderstanding. CSV importer is basically a workaround for restoring a single issue and not a resolution as it won't be able to restore the issue as the issue from.

The mentioned behavior is actually and expected result of CSV importer. Sorry if my previous response confuse you in some way.

Regards,

Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes

Thanks Septa

The link you have provided is for JIRA 5.0 and i am using JIRA 4.0.2,

could you please tell me the format to import the comments in JIRA 4.0.2 and

also can we import issues with issue ID actually i have issue from key "Project-2" in JIRA and i want to restore issue "Project-1"

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2012

Hi Septa

thanks Septa,The format for 'comment' import is not there in this doc. I tried format for 5.0 version

'date;user;comment' but it does't work as it take this whole string as a comment body.

Regards
Saurabh

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2012

If you could explain the actual requirement it may help in finding a solution.

Suggest an answer