Can we create a field to house the userid that was removed as part of cloud version

Donna Bacich July 26, 2024

We use a tool to sync bugs between Jira and ALM once we upgrade to cloud version our syncing stopped working because ALM does not have the email address - it uses the userid which is no longer in Jira. we were wondering if we can add a custom field to the user profile data in Jira to house the userID. 

thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Hello @Donna Bacich 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Are these Managed user accounts? Apparently for those you can add properties, though I have not actually tried it.

https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/update-roles-and-properties-for-jira-users/

Donna Bacich July 29, 2024

Thank you. I will research and reply back with outcomes. 

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Donna Bacich July 30, 2024

@Trudy Claspill my Jira Admin is asking two questions, can you help to answer? 

Two questions for customer support:

1. Is it possible to bulk update user properties?
  2. Can you extract reports including this user property field?
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2024

Hello @Donna Bacich 

To be clear, I am not customer support for Atlassian. I am just another user of the products.

1. As per the documentation there is no UI for bulk updating user properties. Also note in that document it mentions that the REST API for modifying User Properties do not reference the User Properties that can be managed through the UI. I have not actually tried to manage User Properties with either method.

2. What reports are they trying to extract? How do they want to extract that data (API, UI, ...)?

Donna Bacich July 31, 2024

thanks @Trudy Claspill appreciate the guidance and clarification

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events