Can we able to remove the priority ?

Aashish Gupta September 17, 2019

Hello Jira Team,

Is it possible can we delete the priority field so that existing issues and kanban boards will not impact?

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Hi @Aashish Gupta - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can also edit the Create screen used by your project to remove the field from the screen (and the Edit screen also if you don't want anyone updating it after it is created).

I hope that helps!

Yes, Thank you so much for your help.

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

What do you mean delete the priority field?  Do you just mean you don't want to display it anymore? (You can't delete it as it's a system field).  If you want to remove it from your screens, you need to edit the project's Field Configuration and select the "Hide" option for Priority.  

issue_jirapriority.jpgI want to remove the priority field means when I will create any issue it will not visible for all and for an existing issue it will not refect.

Thanks

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

Yes, as per my post above go to your Field Configuration and edit it.  Scroll down to find the Priority field, and select "Hide".

Sounds good :) Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks

Suggest an answer