Can the view of all sub-tasks include a date field?

Megan McConnell August 9, 2017

Hello,

When I look at all of the subtasks under my epic I see the summary, JIRA #, status, assignee, and complete/unresolved. Is it possible to edit that view so that I can see a date field in that view? I can filter to only open from this view, but I don't see any other way to alter the view. I can create a filter or dashboard that shows me this information, but it would save time/clicks to see it on the epic's subtask view. Seems like there must be an obvious way that I'm missing. 

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2017

You can add fields to the sub-tasks section of a JIRA issue detail page by going to the Advanced Settings page of JIRA Administration and changing the jira.table.cols.subtasks setting. Keep in mind that this settings is global to the whole server, and for customfields you need to identify the field Id and use the customfield_123456 notation.

See here for documentation on this subject:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-sub-tasks-861254010.html#Configuringsub-tasks-subtaskssectionConfiguringsub-taskfieldsdisplayedonparentissues

Thank you! So there is no way to customize the view at a project level only at the global level?

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2017

There's no project level setting out of the box. There may be an add-on but I am not aware of one specifically.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events