Can the issue be re-opened after it has been moved to cancelled or premature closed status?

Mitesh Barot
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2019

Basically I want to understand if a issue can be moved between statuses. I have read that transitions can happen between statuses. But does it have to be a two-arrowed line for status to toggle between two different statuses? 

2 answers

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

HI @Mitesh Barot 

Welcome to the community!

Yes, the issue will move in between statuses with the help of (incoming and outgoing) transitions.

Ex. Let say you have the simple workflow like below...here the issue can be move from ToDo ---> On hole and again move back from Ho hold ---> Todo.

test.PNG 

0 votes
Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

Hello @Mitesh Barot 

at first issues can be moved to every status as long as they have a transition arrow. Limitations come when conditions , validators etc. are applied to these transitions. But this is more advanced case, which you will learn as you work with it.

What you can do, is to create one more transition to the status, which you want to go back. Transitions are not bidirectional

Regards
CM

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events