Can't see field added to screen

Gregory Hicks July 19, 2011

Hello,

I am the administrator for JIRA in my company and have a question about an odd issue. I added two fields to our custom workflow (Affects Version) and (Fixed Version). For me they both show up in the clients project in the edit but when the client goes to look for them he can only see the Affects Version and Not the Fixed Version. I find it strange that I can view it and he cannot. I don't think it's a permissions thing because I would think he wouldn't be able to see either. The customer is working in a remote location and not at the Corp office. I have tried removing and readding that didn't seem to help. I'm not sure what would be the cause of this.

Please help

Thanks

Greg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2011

Check the permissions on the project - you should see "resolve" permission which includes "the ability to set a fix version". You'll find your client doesn't have resolve permission.

Jira hides the field completely on edit if you don't have the permission to set it.

0 votes
Gregory Hicks July 20, 2011

Excellent, i did this and it worked.

Thanks!

Greg

Suggest an answer