Can't see add-ons menu under settings with Administrator login

Nitin_Deshpande July 24, 2019

Hello,

Currently I am not able to see add-ons menu under settings menu with Administrator login. I don't have administrative rights on my laptop. Is that the reason? I am accessing JIRA URL through the IE 11 browser. Please help me on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Nitin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2019

@Nitin_Deshpande , first note that i closed the duplicate question posted to focus on this one given there was already discussion.

You mention that you don't have administrator permissions on your "laptop". Jira permissions are w/in the application not the device. If you are a Jira system admin then you should have access to the Addons screen. If you are able to get to the System admin area then you are an admin. Please post a screenshot of what you are seeing. Also, just to cover the basis, please try a different browser.

Hello Jack,

Thanks for the response. I tried with Chrome browser as well but I am not able to see the Add-ons menu.

2019-07-24_11-36-14.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2019

I found this this article. I wonder if it might explain your issue?

Thank you for the answer but I still don't see the Add-ons menu. This might happen if I click on Add-ons. I am still clueless why I don't see the menu,

Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2019

You don't have an "Add-ons" link, but you do have a "Manage apps" link in its place, and Atlassian is now referring to add-ons as apps. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2019

i'm not on server so I can't verify where Addons should appear. Looking at the screenshot I would guess the "Manage apps" in the drop down would get you there.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2019

yep...what Payne said. :-)

OK. Thanks Payne and Jack. I will try it. :)

Thanks Jack and Payne, I am able to upload my new plugin. Thanks a lot for the help.

0 votes
Rajesh Ramankutty July 24, 2019

Hi @Nitin_Deshpande  which jira platform your using?

Do you have admin access in jira platform?

Hello Rajesh,

I am using Jira v8.2.3 server and I have admin rights on the JIRA platform.

Hello Rajesh,

Any resolution on this issue?

Rajesh Ramankutty July 25, 2019

go to manage apps and enable the connect to Atlassian marketplace in the setting

find the screenshort below

image.png

Madhu Mullangi July 25, 2019

Hi @Nitin_Deshpande I am on Server 8.2.3

Admin Console --> Manage Apps

Then you will be redirected to "Find New Apps" same as before.

Suggest an answer