Can't remove users from groups?

Ryan Belmont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2011

There are times where I simply cannot remove users from certain groups. This seems to affect some users but not others. I click to leave the group, the page updates, but there is no change to the user's groups. Any thought as to what might cause this issue?

I've had a similar problem trying to switch a user's account type from a developer to a collaborator (again, only affects certain users.

Thanks,

Ryan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2011

This is a known bug with JIRA 4.4.1 (which is currently the version in Atlassian OnDemand). It occurs when dealing with re-created users (i.e. users with the same username as previously-deleted users).

In order to fix this problem for OnDemand customers, please raise a support request and reference the following bug:

We can apply a fix that will get things working again for the current set of users.

Suggest an answer