Can't get into our on-prem Jira

Hunter March 18, 2019

We lost the ability to login to our on-prem Jira instance.  We changed the password to the account that was doing the LDAP authentication.  Ever since it is not allowing users in.

Also - the local jira admin account password is not working.  I have tried to change that password directly in the database but still no lock getting signed in.

Any ideas what to try next?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2019

Hi @Hunter 

I think resetting your local admin password should be your priority first. Did you shutdown Jira server before updating the password directly in the database?

Ravi

Hunter March 18, 2019

I may have the first time I tired but not the next few times.  That may have been what the trouble was.  I re-set the LDAP password back to what it was prior and stopped/started Jira Service and now I am able to log in.  

Like Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ likes this
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2019

Good to know.

Suggest an answer