Can´t delete a step in a worklow

I am changing a workflow (draft) so one step becomes isolated (no incomming nor outgoing transitions).

However if I try to delete it I get this message:

You can not delete a step on a draft that exist on the parent workflow

Any ideas on how to delete this step from the workflow?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi, you will need to copy the workflow and workflow schemes to make such a change. Once it is copied, it will be inactive and you can make this change. Once changed, you can point the new workflow at the project and delete the old one.

0 vote

You cannot delete a step from draft. You will have to activate the workflow by migrating.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Activating+Workflow

This is difficult to understand. You can't delete a step from draft, neither from an active workflow?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

177 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you