Can't create Jira item from classic Confluence to next-gen Jira project

emily November 11, 2019

I used to be able to create a Jira ticket in Confluence either by a pop-up menu after highlighting or from the insert menu.  Neither of those are working and one time I got a 500 error.  Any idea what is happening?  

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2019

Hi Emily,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I tried to replicate the issue on my test site, but it worked to create a ticket on a next-gen project through Confluence.

Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, can you please let us know if the option shows for you to create the ticket? 

What happens after you click on “Create issue”?

Are you able to create a ticket on the same project through Jira?

When did this issue start?

Are you the only user facing this issue?

If it shows any error, please send us a screenshot.

Also, just to let you know that today we had an incident in Confluence related to creating and editing pages. You can find more details here.

Regards,
Angélica

emily November 12, 2019

Hi, this started last week.  I used to highlight text and a pop up would appear with an option to add to Jira.  This pop-up no longer appears. Also, when I go to the insert content menu and select Jira, I select the project, the issue type, etc. and hit save and nothing happens.  Here are the 2 screenshots:Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.56.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.47.46 PM.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2019

Thank you for the details and screenshots.

We tested on our site here but we couldn't replicate the issue, so we need more tests to find the root cause.

You said that it was working last week, do you know if it was installed a new add-on or a browser extension?

Can you test using another browser and also incognito mode?

Are you able to create a ticket in this project directly in Jira?

Also, open the developer tools on your browser while trying to create the ticket from Confluence to check if it shows any additional error.

emily November 18, 2019

I just switched back to a classic Jira project and it worked.  Thanks for your work!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer