Can't anyone's comments or additions

Shannon Lo Ricco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2024

I Cannot see anyone's comments or additions they make to Jira tickets. I can see under ACTIVITY all the additions but I want to be able to just see when they update the ticket or add a comment. 

2 answers

0 votes
Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

@Shannon Lo Ricco , from what you have written here, it seems to me like you are wanting notifications when people comment or update a ticket. Since you said you can see those items under activity if you go to the issues. To configure your Jira settings so that you receive notifications specifically for ticket updates or comments, you'll need to adjust your notification preferences. Follow these steps to ensure you receive notifications for comments and updates on Jira tickets:

1. Access Your Profile Settings:

• Click on your profile picture or your username in the top-right corner to access your user profile.
  2. Navigate to Notification Settings:

• In your user profile menu, find and select "Settings" or "Profile settings."
    • Look for the "Settings" or "Notifications" option within your profile settings.
  3. Adjust Notification Preferences:

• Once you're in the notification settings, locate the section related to "Email Notifications" or "Notification Preferences."
    • Here, you should see various notification options that you can customize based on your preferences.
  4. Select Specific Event Notifications:

• Look for options related to ticket updates, comments, or activity on issues.
    • Typically, Jira allows you to choose specific events for which you want to receive notifications. You'll likely find options like:
      • Comments added
      • Issue updated
      • Issue assigned
      • Issue resolved
      • etc.
  5. Enable Email Notifications for Desired Events:

• Check the boxes next to the events (such as comments added or issue updated) for which you want to receive email notifications.
    • Some Jira instances might also allow you to choose how often you receive these notifications (e.g., immediately, daily summary).
  6. Save Changes:

• After selecting your preferred notification settings, don't forget to save your changes. Look for a "Save" or "Update" button typically found at the bottom of the notification settings page.
  7. Verify Notification Settings:

• Once you've saved your changes, consider testing the settings by making a test comment or update on a Jira ticket. Check if you receive an email notification as expected.

By following these steps, you should be able to configure your Jira account to notify you via email specifically for updates and comments on tickets, rather than having to rely solely on checking the activity log within Jira. If your organization has any specific customizations or restrictions on notifications, you may need to reach out to your Jira administrator for further assistance.

If my response helps resolve your question or issues please mark it as the selected answer. 

Shannon Lo Ricco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

Hi @Collista Lewingdon I am receiving notifications of their changes in the ticket and can even see what they have done in the email. The moment I open Jira to look at the ticket directly I cannot see their changes or additions to the ticket. Only when I go under the Activity>Show ALL do I see a log of the changes or comments. But I can only see them there and not in the ticket itself. I've tried all the notification settings, view settings etc. Nothing has worked so far. 

Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

Are they actually changing the ticket or just putting in comments in the comment section? At this point some screenshots of what you are seeing (or not seeing) and what you are expecting to see would be helpful to troubleshoot your issue. 

0 votes
Prakash Murugesan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2024

@Shannon Lo Ricco there may be a configuration issue or a filter setting affecting your view.ensure that you have the necessary permissions to view comments and updates on the tickets. In JIRA, permissions can be configured at the project level, so make sure your permissions are set correctly.Check the issue view configuration to see if comments and updates are enabled to be displayed directly within the ticket view. Sometimes, administrators may customize the issue view to hide certain fields or sections

also If you're viewing tickets in the Issue Navigator, make sure that the columns for comments and updates are included in your view. You can customize the columns displayed in the Issue Navigator to include additional information

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events