Can't access Project Settings despite Administrator role

Hamza Salman March 23, 2023

I was recently provided an Admin role to our Android project but I'm unable to view Project Settings.

For reference, I'm only a User in our Platform project but I'm able to view and edit Project Settings.

Pictures below for reference. What could be causing this?

1. Android project where I have Admin and Users roles (provided by user that assigned my roles).

1.png

2. Android project sidebar where Project Settings isn't visible.

2.png

3. Platform project where I'm currently assigned the Users role (provided by users that assigned my role).

4.png

4. Platform project where Project Settings is visible (where I'm only a User).

3.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hello @Hamza Salman 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

How did you get the screen for (1) if you don't have access to Project Settings for that project?

Hi Trudy, I was provided that screenshot by the user that granted me the administrator role for our Android project.

I've edited my post to clarify that - thanks!

I've updated my post with additional context and screenshots.

• For the Android project I'm currently assigned Admin and User roles.
    • I'm unable to view Project Settings.
  • For the Platform project I'm currently assigned a User role only.
    • I can access view and edit Project Settings.

I'm trying to understand why this would be the case.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

I would recommend that the Jira Administrators review the Permission Schemes assigned to these projects. See which Roles/Groups/Users have been assigned the Administer Projects permission.

Regardless of which Roles you are assigned to, it is the Permission Scheme that will determine the permissions allocated to those Roles.

The Permission Schemes for these projects may have been modified so that the Administer Projects permissions has been weirdly configured and...

...for the Android project the permission is not allocated to the users in the Administrator role.

...for the Platform project the permission has been allocated to the Users role, or Any Logged In User, or another user group to which you belong.

Like Hamza Salman likes this

Thanks, I'll forward this information to my Jira Admin and let you know what happens.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2023

Hello @Hamza Salman 

Were you able to find the solution to this issue with the guidance I provided?

Hamza Salman April 21, 2023

Yes and thank you! Sorry for not following up.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2023

Can you share with us the solution for your issue?

Also, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted if it helped you solve your issue.

Hamza Salman April 21, 2023

As you mentioned earlier, our IT team had setup specific permission schemes per project allowing only select users to administer project permissions. This has since been fixed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events