Can not delete component in project

Aspect Infra Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2012

() Then trying to delete component jira shows an error ( attached ) and write nothing to logs

same for v4.4.1#660-r161644 ( production )

and for v5.0.1#721-sha1:838c4a0 ( production copy upgraded to 5.0.1 )

even in "safe mode" with all user-installed plugins disabled

can somebody at least give direction where to look?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aspect Infra Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2012

find it :( it's a browser compatibility problem.

this "component delete" code doesn't works in Opera 11.60. Normal operation in IE8.

it's a first place something in JIRA doesn't work in Opera for me and more strange that creation of component code works fine

0 votes
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2012

You're right nothing is logged, and looking at the underlying code nothing can be. This is an example of where our new Ajax style interactions let us down a little. It is likely that the reason for the exception is in the HTTP Response - try using Firebug or sonething similar to see the actual Response body, and this should hopefully let you get to the bottom of it.

I would guess it's a permission error....

Aspect Infra Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2012
<input type="hidden" title="ajaxTimeout" value="The call to the JIRA server did not complete within the timeout period. We are unsure of the result of this operation."/>
<input type="hidden" title="ajaxUnauthorised" value="You are not authorised to perform this operation. Please try to <a href='/login.jsp?os_destination=%2Fplugins%2Fservlet%2Fproject-config%2FASPECT%2Fcomponents'>log in</a>."/>
<input type="hidden" title="ajaxUnauthorisedAlert" value="You are not authorised to perform this operation. Please log in."/>
<input type="hidden" title="baseURL" value="https://jira.aspectenterprise.com:443"/>
<input type="hidden" title="ajaxCommsError" value="The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down."/>
<input type="hidden" title="ajaxServerError" value="The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation."/>
<input type="hidden" title="ajaxErrorCloseDialog" value="Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser"/>
<input type="hidden" title="ajaxErrorDialogHeading" value="Communications Breakdown"/>
<input type="hidden" title="dirtyMessage" value="You have entered new data on this page. If you navigate away from this page without first saving your data, the changes will be lost."/>
<input type="hidden" title="dirtyDialogMessage" value="You have entered new data in this dialog. If you navigate away from this dialog without first saving your data, the changes will be lost. Click cancel to return to the dialog."/>

it's look like a bug with permissions. i'm super-admin in this instance with all rights possible , moreover i for test added myself to this project as individual user with all permissions ( admin permissions are per-group ) and finnaly can't delete just-created by me components. creation works - deletion not

0 votes
Aspect Infra Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2012

logs are really empty

maybe i need raise some log level to debug but i don't know which one
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4518/clipboard3o.png

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2012

There must be something in the logs?

0 votes
Aspect Infra Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2012

yes some problems :( will try other browser

upd: fixed. but anyway error are looking useless at least for me

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2012

attachment missing?

Suggest an answer