Can nginx be used to reverse-proxy JIRA

Hi,

We are going to commence our enterprise rollout with Atlassian Suite and our currently focusing on our deployment architecture for the same. I would like to know up-front whether Nginx Web Server can be used with JIRA. I have seen a lot of articles and blogs on the same as well as topics on Atlassian Answers, but I wanted to be doubly sure that it would be supported if at all we run into any integration problems with the same. I found Knowledge Base and documentation for Confluence and Fisheye/Crucible with Nginx, so I am assuming there would be no support / integration problems with these products.

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

I received a reply from Atlassian support.

Basically, any web server - Apache HTTPD, IIS or Nginx - is considered third party software and as mentioned in Support offerings, Atlassian will provide documentation and help in integrating with them but not support when a failure occurs in 3rd party software.

For the rest, we are going to proceed with a POC with Nginx and rely on documentation and community forums to achieve the integration with Atlassian Suite.

I'm currently running JIRA behind Nginx, along with, Confluence, Stash and Bamboo. I did have FECRU installed at one point when I needed it.

Is it supported? I'm not sure, but I suppose we'd help you out as much as we could.

0 votes
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Nov 25, 2012

Hi Archanaa,

I believe nginx CAN be used as a proxy for JIRA, however, this is not supported, as mentioned in the Support Offerings : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Support/Atlassian+Support+Offerings#AtlassianSupportOfferings-3rdpartysupport

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

465 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you