Can i call the workflow post function to remove an issue from a sprint in a behavior?

bbeach85
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2020

I want to remove an issue from the current active sprint if the user changes the status to "Cancelled".   I can use the built-in workflow post function, but I would have to add that to multiple transitions on multiple workflows.   I was hoping I could add a behavior that triggers whenever an issue for certain issuetypes was transitioned to "Cancelled"

Thanks,

Ben

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

Behaviours are front-end functions, you'd need to write them to work in several different places, REST would ignore them, as would certain automations and other scripts.

If you don't want to do it with a post-function, then look next to a "listener" that can catch the event (whatever it is - ideally, a custom "cancel" would be ideal, but if your workflows are using different events, your code could interrogate the event for old status and new status, so it wouldn't really need to care) and blank out the sprint.

Suggest an answer