Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can forms be added to a Jira Software project?

We are using Jira in Atlassian cloud. Not Service Desk. 

I see an option to create a form on new Business type projects but not on an existing Software type projects. 

Am I correct that "Forms" is not standard functionality for Software projects? 

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simon Herd Atlassian Team Jan 16, 2022

@Alistair Morrison Forms for JSM has just been released and I am the product manager for this area of the product.

Could you let me know the use cases you could use forms in JSW for?   

Hi Simon! 

We want to use it to allow customer-facing staff outside our development team to report customer problems, which we treat as issue type = Problem inside our Jira project. It's a second-level support scenario. 

One aspect I haven't worked out is whether I can design the form to hard-code the issue type. 

Alistair

Simon Herd Atlassian Team Jan 19, 2022

Thanks for that @Alistair Morrison it's useful information to be able to feedback to the JSW team.

It is possible today to associate a form with a specific issue/request type and the same functionality would be available in JSW. Here is a preview of how it could work.

SCR-20220120-du8.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M Community Leader Jan 07, 2022

Hi @Alistair Morrison 

Correct, it's a feature of Jira Work Management, which is available when you create Business Project

Here's a ref link

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/what-are-forms-and-what-can-they-do

Thanks,
Pramodh

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey @Alistair Morrison 

That's correct.

Forms are only part of business projects. It's altogether now part of application called jira work management.

They are not available for standard software template projects.

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you