Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can JIRA be used to schedule appointments or make reservations?

Does anyone know of a way to use JIRA as a reservation system?  For example, we want have customers sign up for appointments to visit an office.  If someone has already reserved a specific time slot, we don't want that time slot to be available anymore.

I'm guessing this isn't possible out of the box.  I have searched the Atlassian Marketplace and haven't found anything.  Any ideas on how to implement this type of functionality?

Thank you.

1 answer

Hi Brett,

This can be done using some customization.

Initially you have to create a custom issue type, then you have to create a screen for registration with few custom fileds. The custom field for the timeslot should have backend script to identify and display only one timeslots that aren't booked.

Praveen, thank you so much for the answer and insight. I know how to do everything you mentioned except the scripting part. Any ideas on a basic script with some generic fields?  Thanks for your assistance. 

Hi Brett, 

Did you manage to do it properly? any useful tips as I also have the same issue?

thank you

Hi team, any updates or suggestions regarding this?

We want to give the option to 'some' customers to book a callback moment during a certain timeslot.

Thanks for your feedback!

Also looking for someone that was able to do this successfully. We have a similar use case that I would like to implement. 

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you