Can I use my production license key for our Jira staging server as well as our Production server

Vidder Jira Administrator February 21, 2013

We are currently setting up a staging server per the Atlassian Best Practices. Can I use our existing production license for the Jira staging server?

When I install the 5.1.1. release onto our staging server it requires a license key. I am currently using the evaluation copy, but need to know if I can have both our production server and staging server use the same license key.

Thanks,

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2013

Absolutely not. Your production key is for production and should never be shared.

However, your licence entitles you to a developer key, which you can use for dev, test and failover purposes. On multiple servers. On any valid version of the software. As long as you don't treat these system as live. Log into your "my.atlassian" account, go to the licence page and look under the keys - you should see "view developer licence"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2013

Absolutely not. Your production key is for production and should never be shared.

However, your licence entitles you to a developer key, which you can use for dev, test and failover purposes. On multiple servers. On any valid version of the software. As long as you don't treat these system as live. Log into your "my.atlassian" account, go to the licence page and look under the keys - you should see "view developer licence"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events