Can I setup Jira Cloud to forward Atlassian Incident Reports to my jira-software-users?

Benjamin Dains February 16, 2018

I wanted to say this first:

Thank you Atlassian for keeping us up to date when there are problems via the Incident Report emails!

Question Details

I walked in this morning and saw that Jira Cloud might be experiencing some problems and then I started to write an email to send to the company to let them know of the possible outages. Is there a way to have Jira Cloud send these for me as an extension of Atlassian? It would cut down on my support inbox, which is fair because either way, I can't do anything about a cloud outage. :)

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

Hi Benjamin,

While this may take some effort on the users part they can be notified by going to the Status Page and clicking Subscribe to Updates on that page:

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 9.28.10 PM.png

They can enter their email or cell phone number to be notified when an outage occurs.

Hopefully this helps,

Cheers,

Branden

Benjamin Dains February 28, 2018

@somethingblue thank you for that answer! :) 

Now I know which direction to take my communication strategy. Thanks for taking the time to answer and help.

Cheers,

Ben

Suggest an answer