Can I customize the Jira attach file user interface?

David Kano
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2012

We would like to add a warning about attaching sensitive files to our internal Jira instance. Can the attach file GUI be customized?

1 answer

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

Hi David ,

By sensitive files do you mean files with specific extension ? Or do you want only a warning message to be displayed on the attach file GUI about sensitive files ?
If you want a only a warning message you can modify a jsp file atlassian-jira/secure/views/issue/attachfile.jsp in Jira 4.3 and add a warning message accordingly ..
You can add <b>your warning </b> after <page:param name="isMultipart">true</page:param> in the jsp
Remember to restart Jira for the changes to take effect and you will have to manually edit these changes if in future you upgrade your jira .

:)

David Kano
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2012

Mizan,

Thanks for the quick answer! We are running Jira 4.4.3 do you think that the file to edit is still the same?

Thanks,

David

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2012

Most probably yes , because in my 4.4.4 i can see the file is almost the same. So you can give a try in your test environment first if it works you can make changes in your live Jira. :)

Dev User October 13, 2016

Hi @Mizan Sayed [Atlassian]

I am running JIRA on my localhost system. But this is not working for me.

Please find below my Code Snippet : 

&lt;page:param name="isMultipart"&gt;true&lt;/page:param&gt;
			&lt;b&gt;This is my customized warning message&lt;/b&gt; 
		&lt;aui:component template="issueFormHeading.jsp" theme="'aui/dialog'"&gt;
            &lt;aui:param name="'title'"&gt;&lt;ww:text name="'attachfile.title.multiple'"/&gt;&lt;/aui:param&gt;

I have added the customized message waring part as mentioned above, still can't get it working.

Can you please help me.

Also if it is working for you, can you please share the screenshot with your customized message?

Suggest an answer