Can I customise the default fields for issue search?

Sarah Woodhouse February 17, 2013

The default search in JIRA 5.2 offers these search criteria to choose from:

• Project
  • Issue Type
  • Status
  • Assignee
  • Text

Many of our company users need more fields than that for pretty much every search and it's getting tiresome quite quickly having to constantly add the same criteria all the time (e.g. when searching against software products we almost always want to add Affects Version).

1. As an admin, can I change the default criteria that appear for all users?
  2. Can individual users specify which default criteria they want?

I see this needing to work much the same as specifying Issue Navigator columns currently works.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2013

Hi Sarah,
I have tried to come up with an answer to your question, but have been unable to get something working. I then decided to create an improvement request for this, you can find it here. If you add yourself as watcher you will receive updates whenever they become available, or you could add comments if you like.

Cheers,

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2013

You beat me to it Mick.

@Sarah

As for the current workaround, you would want to create a shared filter with all the default fields and it will be shown on the left side of Issue Search

Sarah Woodhouse February 17, 2013

Thank you, both, much appreciated.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2013

Hi, this would really be an interesting feature to have. Thus, I have created JRA-31746 on your behalf. Do vote and watch for the ticket.

As for the current workaround, you might want to create a shared filter configuring with the default search criteria. It will be shown on the left side of the Issue Search.

Suggest an answer