I am starting to use the Rapid board for sprint scrums on the Jira OnDemand site and notcie some differences than the classic view.
1. Can I have an added up value of "time remaining" on all story cards for each column? So like in classic view on the Task Board there is a time value added up from all of the story cards in that column.
2. Is there an easy way to ediut directly on the Story Cards or do I have to open them up form the rapid board?
I am having trouble adding more information to the story cards so if there is a document that can help me plkease sedn it over.
To answers your questions:
1. Yes, if you've configured your rapid boards to show "time remaining" then the "time remaining" estimate should show up on your story cards in the classic planning view. Additionally they should be summed if you've configured your project to have Greenhopper perform "time aggregation".
2. You should be able to edit easily from the cards on the classic planning board. Although I think that editing from the Rapid Board is much easier (its my preference though).
Tasks you can perform in the Classic Planning Board include:
- Adding a Sub-Task
- Editing the Issue in JIRA (will open the Issue and navigate away from the Classic Planning Board)
- Updating Priority
- Assigning the Issue
- Commenting on the Issue
- Logging Work
- Update the Issue Summary
- Edit the Version
- Edit the Components
Hope this helps!
Thank you Alexandra, that was really helpful.
For answer #1 do you know a way to get these estimates shown in the new OnDemand Rapid Board?
I would like to move away form the classic boards all together if possible and this would be a big help at seeing how much work is left to be done in each status.
The configuration settings mentioned above should be reflected on both the Classic Board and Rapid Boards. No additional configuration is needed.
Now to configure "Time Remaining" on your rapid board, open the rapid board, select configure from the tools dropdown, select the "Estimation" tab in the Configure screen and under "Time Tracking" select "remaining estimate and time spent" (the default is "none"). Once you do that your board should be set to reflect "Time Remaining".
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs