CSV issue export results differ, all fields vs current fields

Lasse Wathne Lorentzen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 13, 2017

Dear all,

I've exported my issues to CSV. I've done it with current fields and all fields.

When I import the current fields-file to excel it turns out fine, delimited, and all the information is in the right columns. However, when I try the same with the all fields-file the result in excel is all mixed up.

I'm no expert, and I can't get my head around why this happens. Can anyone help me on this? Or provide a guideline for how I can identify the issue? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017
  1. Are you using Jira Server?  Or Jira Cloud?
  2. If you're running Jira Server, then what version of Jira Server is this instance?
  3. What plugins are you using with Jira?

I can't seem to reproduce this problem, so I think there might be something different about your instance.   I would be interested to see if you can disable all the user plugins in your Jira instance temporarily to see if you can reproduce this problem.  Steps on how to do this are in Disabling and enabling add-ons - Atlassian Documentation

This would be a good step to help us understand if this problem is caused by a plugin that your Jira instance is using.   I don't think this is a bug in Jira just yet, but if we can find a clear set of steps to reproduce this problem I'd be happy to create a new bug for this.

Suggest an answer