Burndown Chart doesn't show progress

Josh Holt May 8, 2023

I haven't been able to figure out why our burndown chart doesn't show progress after reading other threads. 

Burndown chart is configuring with Story Points. Tickets have story points and accurately show when they're added to the sprint:
image.png

Stories in that sprint are marked Done and have a Resolution, but they aren't reflected in the above burndown. image.png

Done is the right-most column on the board
image.png

The board is configured to use Story Points for estimationimage.png

Any ideas? I'm stumped on this one. 

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Below the burndown chart should be details showing how the scope changes as stories are added/removed/completed in the sprint and if the story point value is changed on an issue. 

Does that table have any information about these Done issues?

The chart shows that your remaining work is increasing. Are more stories being added or story point values increased?

Josh Holt May 9, 2023

The table shows the done stories being added but none of them as closed, so the total story points is only increasing. image.png

But as you can see in the issue search screenshot above, some of those tickets in the table are Done (in the same sprint) even though they aren't reflected in the table. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

There should be separate entries with dates matching the Resolved dates showing that the issues have been completed. Are those not present?

Does this happen on all scrum boards?

Are you using Jira Server or Jira Data Center?

What version of the product are you using?

Josh Holt May 9, 2023

There are not separate entries in the burndown report's table that match the Resolved dates from the issue search. That seems to be the issue. 

This does not happen on other scrum boards. 

We're using Jira Server but I don't know which version. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

You should be able to get the version information by click on the question mark icon near your avatar in the upper right corner, and then selecting About Jira.

I'm afraid I am running out of ideas.

Do you have a non-expired license for this instance? If so, I recommend that you reach out to your Jira Admins and ask them to open a support ticket directly with Atlassian on this.

Josh Holt May 10, 2023

On Jira v8.22.2 for what it's worth. Appreciate your help, I'll contact our admins. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

It would be great if you can report back here what your admins learn from Atlassian support.

Suggest an answer