I have done the following in sequence:
1. Created user stories
2. Added points to the 'Story point' field for each user story
3. Added some of these stories to a bucket
4. Started the sprint
5. Moved stories to Done in the active sprint board
6. Completed the sprint
In my 'Settings', the estimation statistic is 'Story Points' and the Time Tracking is set to 'None'.
In spite of this, I'm still unable to view the Burn up chart. It says "This chart cannot be displayed. There are no estimated issues in this sprint." And my Burn down chart does not reflect any story points either.
How do I fix this?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Per your description, it seems the process to estimate and track your issues with Story points is correct, so I believe it must be a problem between the Story points field and the reports.
Please, check the steps and questions below to properly troubleshoot the problem:
1 - Are you using a Next-gen or a Classic project?
2 - Make sure you are using the default Story points field to add your Story points, and not a custom field created posteriorly. To check that:
3 - Is the problem happening in other projects too?
Let us know if you have any questions.
Hi @Petter Gonçalves !
Thank you so much for taking some time out to help me with this.
To answer your questions:
1. I'm using a classic project
2. Yes, I'm using the default story points field
3. Currently, I'm just exploring so I haven't tried other projects yet
Also, since I'm just exploring, I had set the sprint duration to an hour. Is it possible that I'm facing this issue because of that?
Thank you for the details provided.
That's a really weird problem... In my test instance, I followed the exact same steps as you and added a Sprint with 1 hour of duration, however, the Story points incrementing/decrementing are properly displayed in the Burndown chart report:
I suggest you check the following steps:
Let us know your results.
This seems to be an issue, though I have identified a workaround for now!
Follow, the following steps:
1. Navigate to the Burnup chart, select the sprint and you will get the message (screenshot shared by @Jovita_Mathias as above.)
2. Now, to get going... change the selection 'Story Points' to 'Original Time Estimate', you will see the chart populated, now, change the selection again to 'Story Points' and you are sorted :)
Hello @Saurabh Soni
Can you confirm if you were using Jira Server or Cloud?
The problem you were facing seems to be caused by a failing re-index, which is usually caused in the server application.
@Jovita_Mathias is using a cloud environment, so the re-index happens automatically after the change of estimation.
Please, confirm your platform (Server or Cloud) so we can further investigate the issue.
Thank you for the information @Saurabh Soni
After further investigation, I was not able to reproduce the problem on my test site or find any other related report about the behavior mentioned, so I could not test the steps provided and confirm if it fixed the problem.
I discovered a bug in Jira Cloud that can cause the above problem.
Scenario: 4 subtasks were converted into stories and given story points. Before pressing start sprint the number of story points was totalling the expected figure.
After starting the sprint it was noticed on the burn down chart that the story point total now said a much lower number. It was realised that the ones not contributing to the burn down or burn up charts were the stories that were converted from subtasks.
Even during the sprint, signing one of these off did not affect the burndown chart.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events