Bulk changes in (Scrum) Rapid Board

Hi,

Is there a way of doing bulk changes in the Rapid Board (Plan mode)? Or is the only way to do it to use the Agile->Planning Board?

Thanks.

Prem.

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Prem,

No, there isn't currently a way to make bulk changes from the Plan Mode of the Rapid Board. You can just use the 'Issues' search and enter JQL like 'filter = <x>' where x is the filter you have used for your Rapid Board. That will bring up all of the issues then you can bulk change them.

For issues that are currently in a Sprint, you can access the Sprint Retrospective Report (from the Report Mode) then click 'View in Issue Navigator'. From there you can bulk edit.

Thanks,
Shaun

Is there support for this planned in the future?

This is an item that is significantly easier to do in MS Project, so the PMs where I work are still using Project to perform this action (for bulk assignment).

Sure, we plan on doing something nicer here in the future, but JIRA also plans on making this an easier experience.

Cheers,
Shaun

There is now - look at my comment below

Thank you for this video.  I am searching for this view in my instance but cannot find it.  I use both Kanban and Scrum boards, but Scrum Boards are far more likely for my teams than Kanban boards.  I don't see the functional buttons on either board in my instance.  We are running v6.4.13 on a hosted instance.  We have no imminent plans to upgrade because of performance issues, so I am hoping you aren't going to say that this is only available on a newer version!

thanks!

julia

Hi @Julia Lavaroni,

Sorry for the delay. It is an extension for JIRA and its compatible with JIRA v6.4.13

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/io.extensi.jira.plugin.agileboardfilter/server/overview

You'll have to request its installation with your JIRA administrator.

In case of any other questions please drop me an email on pch@extensi.io

Best Regards

Prem

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

365 views 4 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you