Blue square icon appearing in JIRA

seanm January 14, 2021

Hi,

Sometimes when I perform a search on JIRA issues I see a Blue Square on the items, and other times I do not see it.

E.g.

image.png

Can someone explain why?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

yes a screenshot would be ideal. My initial suggestion would be to check another browser. It seems like something may be timing out and not loading fully.

seanm January 14, 2021

Hi,

Not sure why the image did not get include but it is like Dirk’s image

It does show up in any browser.

It seems to be when I run a "Smart" Search, rather than a filtered search.

We only noticed it in Jira 8.x but it could have been there beforehand.

image.png

The blue square does move to the highlighted item so not sure what it is needed for as the item is already highlighted.

Sean McElroy

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Hi @seanm ,

Could you upload your screenshot here cause it's hosted on your private instance.

If you mean the little asterix on the left side that's normally just the item that is selected at the time. After a search normally the first but if you click on something that wll not open the issue you'll see it go with you.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2021

I'm guessing something like this?

image.png

For me that seems to be just the issue I highlight in the list

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2021

i see that too. never even took note of that before. however, i can't make it look like a "?". If I zoom in it is just a blue square w/ white dot.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events