Black boxes with 'x' inside them appear in my menu

Andy Drooker April 17, 2018

Okay, this might seem like a weird one.  I had some instances of Jira which I deleted.  However, they are still being listed on my main menu pull down:

Jira_Error_Capture.JPG 

See above.  How can I delete those (the ones in the black box with a white "x"?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

Hi Andy,

It looks like you deleted some spaces in Confluence, are they linked to any projects in JIRA?

Andy Drooker April 17, 2018

I was on a trial for Confluence.  It was deleted.  So, how can I get RID of the boxes?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

Did you link your spaces to any of your projects in JIRA?

Andy Drooker April 19, 2018

No.

Does ANYONE know how to get RID of the boxes?  If not, I will be deleting my instances on this platform.

If a simple question like this cannot be answered, what happens when a MAJOR issue arises?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2018

Please open a ticket with Atlassian Support:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2018

Hi @Andy Drooker

This truly is an odd behaviour. If there is no active COnfluence, I assume it shouldn't show up. Same for the Black Boxes, doesn't look nice I agree.

If the Community does not know an answer maybe the Atlassian Support does.  We are just fellow users and sometimes we struggle with bugs, etc. as well. :)

No need to panic.

The Atlassian Cloud support has insights in deeper administrative tools of Jira and Confluence Cloud and might find a fast solution. Maybe it is just an index issue.

Chers
Niklas

Andy Drooker April 20, 2018

I have entered a case with Atlassian.  NO RESPONSE!  Great support !

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2018

@Andy DrookerI understand that it doens't look good on your screen after deleting Confluence, however just give it some time hopefully someone will get back to you shortly.

I am sure an Atlassian Engineer will have a prompt response without you having to delete your instances.

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2018

When did you file the case? Was it a few minutes again or some days?

You can learn about the support levels here: Support Services

With Cloud you get the Select Support. Depending on the priority you set, it takes 2hr to two business days. Check out the table.

Best Regards
Niklas

P.S.: It seems like your Caps Lock button got stuck in the second sentence. ;)

Andy Drooker May 15, 2018

I have given up!  Atlassian does not seem to care about its customers.  There has been no follow-up.  Good thing we do not have too much invested in this product...NEXT!

Suggest an answer