BigPicture, BigGantt, time spent of subtasks not shown in parent task

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2020

I have the following Task structure in jira:
Tasks - no worklog allowed
Subtasks - all worklog is here

Jira itself shows the worklog sum of subtasks in the parent Task.
In Gantt, the worklog of the parent Task is empty.

Is it possible to Display the worklog sum in the parent?

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2020

Hi Alexander,

Yes, it is possible. You can use aggregation to sum up values on the children-tasks and display them on the parent-task. You have to navigate to the View >> Column Views >> Manage Column Views. Select the column view that you want to customize and add aggregation on the field (see the screenshot).

aggregation_time_spent.png

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Patryk

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2020

Hi @Patryk-SoftwarePlant 

it doesn't work.

Maybe it is something with my gantt configuration, because Task ans Subtasks are not shown with the + Symbol like in your documentation:

image.png

image.png

Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2020

Alexander,

I'm not sure what exactly you would like to have but on this screenshot, I can see only tasks on the same level (no sub-tasks). In this case, the aggregation will not work as there is no children-tasks.

Maybe this article on how to create a manual structure will be helpful.

Cheers,

Patryk

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2020

@Patryk-SoftwarePlant 

Perfect

Now it works

image.png

Like Patryk-SoftwarePlant likes this

Suggest an answer