Base swimlanes on stories

Nestaa July 10, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to use "Base Swimlanes on Stories".

I thought this would show the board (Active Sprint) as Issues and the sub-tasks under it.

Issue#1

subtasks

Issue#2

Subtasks

No subtasks

Subtasks

But the board is showing exactly same as "no swimlane" option.

Pease help.

2 answers

0 votes
Nicolas Seronvalle July 10, 2017

Hi,

Your issues already have subtasks linked to it? With the swimlanes based on stories, the issues witout subtasks appear under a swimlane called "Other issues".

Nestaa July 10, 2017

Hi,

I do not see swimlane, irrespective of whether issue have task or not.

Like you said i was expecting it to create swimlane, but it did not.

JIRA.png

Phil R July 18, 2017

By chance do the 'sub-tasks' have a differnet workflow (status)than the stories?

Perhaps you do not have the sub-task status' mapped to a column under the board Configuration?

Board > Configure > Column management

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

Nestaa - can you please post a screenshot of your configuration and what your board looks like now?

Nestaa July 10, 2017

JIRA.pngBoard Configuration:

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

Nestaa - as Nicolas already suggested and as far as I can see from the Screenshot you don't have any subtasks on the board so far. Either your bugs and stories don't have any subtasks or they are not included in your board filter. Have you already created some subtasks for the bugs and stories on the board? 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Nestaa July 10, 2017

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for your time.

We do have sub-tasks.Attaching one of the issue with sub-task for your reference.

Even if my issues do not have sub-taks, shouldn't there be a swimlane which shows "Other Issues" and group all together? No?

JIRA-1.png

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2017

You're welcome Nestaa - if all issues displayed on the board don't have subtasks then there would not be the swimlane other issues as it appears only if there is at least one story swimlane on the board. So can you please post a Screenshot of your board filter configuration (see general in the board configuration) here and the search result using this jql including at least one story with a subtask? 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Nestaa July 10, 2017

JIRA-2.png

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2017

Nestaa - please copy your board and create a filter with only project =ASOC. Then you should see the expected swimlanes. Afterwards you can work towards your original filter and find out what filters out all the subtasks of your board. Hope that helps? 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Nestaa July 11, 2017

Hi Christoph,

Thank you, i'll try that out.

Suggest an answer