Backup attachment

Development February 14, 2016

Hi,

i need suggestion from you all, i have installed JIRA on my server but i have one query. suppose my system get crashed then how i can find my attachment which were there over my crashed system.

2 answers

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2016

The article at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-file-attachments-185729586.html tells you about how to configure where your attachments are stored. 

Assuming no changes were made on your original system you should find them in the default directory location of data/attachments subdirectory of the JIRA Home Directory.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2016

The attachments are all under <JIRA home>/attachments.

If you've followed the documentation, you'll have been backing that up regularly.  If you still have access to the disk on the crashed system, then it's even less of a hassle - you can simply copy the whole directory to your backup JIRA

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events