Backlog view filter

brian byars March 10, 2021

Hello,

My backlog view currently displays all issue types.  How do I set a filter so that my backlog view excludes certain issue types like Features and Themes?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hi Brian - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can't control which issue types will be shown by column, however, you can create a quick filter that when selected will hide certain issues. 

Not the columns, but I just want only certain issue types to appear on the backlog view.  As shown in the attachment, the view has stories(green), tasks(blue), and features(red).  I want to be able to select only the issue types that I wish to see on the backlog view. 

Capture.PNG

Like Fernanda Cavallari likes this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

@brian byars , as said in my answer you need to setup your own filter in your board so that only issues coming from the filter will be in the backlog.

Ciao,

Fabio

Like brian byars likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

Which issue types are the only ones you want to see in the backlog?

All issue types except for Themes, Features, and Epics.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

Then you can change your board filter to look something like this:

project = ABC and (status = Backlog and issuetype not in (Theme, Feature, Epic) or status != Backlog)

Like Thais Botelho likes this
Ahilesh.Shankar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2024

@brian byars  - Just leading to the questions above, I dont want to set up a filter. A filter does not allow me move the order of issues. Is there any other way, that i the i can chose certain components/ issue types in teh backlog view and save that view

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

Hi @brian byars ,

you need to setup your own filter in your board. Please take a look to this article https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-filters/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

John Kramer June 15, 2023

This is not a useful answer. You have to be an administrator to do this. Non-administrators should still be able to use filters on this screen even if they are not persisted for others.

Suggest an answer