Autotransition Event Listener Not Working

Gianna Migliorisi December 12, 2013

i'm trying set up a listener to auto transition from what status to another when a user comments on an issue.

I have an event called "Customer Updated" which is a post-function of a workflow transition. The Listener on this event is configured as follows:

• Action ID851
  • Event ID10001
  • Project KeyDEVOPS
  • Status10002

Where Action ID is the transition from status a to status b

Event ID is the Event Name "Customer Updated"

Project Key is the Project to which it applies

Status = status a, as I only want this trigger to fire if you're currently in status a

I also only ever wanted this to fire if the update was made by the reporter, I took it out for testing, because it wasn't working.

I don't see errors in the logs but when comments are made, no transition is fired.

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

You have to use the issue commented event when you want the listener to fire after a comment is entered not your event from the transition!

Gianna Migliorisi December 17, 2013

I'll give this a shot. The documentation on this makes it sound like you can create your own event, and create a listener on that particular event which will transition from one status to another, and if the event type is configured as a post-function, I had assumed it would fire no matter what...I'll give this a try. Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer