Automation for Jira Cloud - clone issues and copy attachments

Samuel Bar August 23, 2020

I have created a rule that clone Bugs from one Project to another one.
I can update files during the clone step(see attached image), the only thing that can not find how to do is to copy the attachments from the original Bug to the clone one.
Any suggestions are welcome

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
wwalser
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2020

Automation doesn't currently support manipulating attachments in Jira Cloud. Unfortunately Jira Cloud doesn't have APIs around the management of attachments so we're not able to implement this just yet.

There is an open issue tracking the implementation of this feature here: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1030

badi December 9, 2020

We really need this feature!

Like # people like this
zafar kamal February 2, 2021

yes agreed , we really need this feature , how soon can we get this feature rolled out 

Like # people like this
Chris Evans May 3, 2021

We need it too! 

Like # people like this
Mickael Belloulou June 1, 2021

We need it too! 

Like # people like this
Limber June 24, 2021

I join the request. Some update?

Like Max Seelig likes this
Gidi Geras June 28, 2021

This really creates problems in our flow.

Any ETA for this?

Sean Cuevas July 7, 2021

Hi There,

Missing this functionality from the Server version of this app. Any update?

Nick Read August 16, 2021

+1

Dimitar Trendafilov September 21, 2021

Is it possible to have somehow JIRA show the linked attachment from the original issue?

Srujan kumar September 27, 2021

+1

Missing this feature from cloud version.

Shannon Balser October 1, 2021

+ 1 

Any updates here?

Kristina Radeva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2021

+1 need this feature!

Sérgio Antunes February 14, 2022

+1 waiting for such an old request.... Having to use smartvalues to copy the image link is not efficient because different projects have different permissions and so most of the times the users on the "clone" cannot see the links anyways

Like Karen Dyer likes this
Francesco La Bianca March 15, 2022

+1

Max Seelig March 29, 2022

+123

Ricardo Fonseca April 6, 2022

+1 As I seem unable to jiravote or follow this feature request here goes my vote!

Ignas Selvestravičius April 7, 2022

I guess same here with my vote +1

František Vůjtek June 8, 2022

I shocked as this basic feature is not fkin available. This is mindblowing -.- How the fk they can release something without this option. 

Like Karen Dyer likes this
František Vůjtek July 21, 2022

Taking back, they have released that June 26th. Finally!
Thanks

Jose Suarez March 23, 2023

I have the same issue and my automation rule dont copy the attachments when cloning a ticket,  it works for someone else?

Jose Suarez March 23, 2023

Sorry my fault , it acctually works :-) thanks!

Bo Huttinger November 20, 2023

it may have been broken again with last update...

1 vote
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2020

You can also automate cloning of issues including attachments with our Jira cloud app Deep Clone for Jira.

It is possible to create a Deep Clone post-function that clones on transition. Cloning attachments is also possible of course.

If you don't want to change the issue status to trigger a clone, you can integrate Deep Clone with Jira Automation using looping-transitions.

If you need more functionality don't hesitate to get in touch with our support. We're always open to implement new features.

deep-clone-jira_post-function_attachmentspng.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events