Automation Rules - Sprints

Ly Lim May 8, 2024

Is it possible to apply a rule for specific tickets to go into a section of the backlog that we call "Pre-planning". 

I see that when I create a new rule for a ticket to be created, it lands on the "backlog" of the backlog section. 

Instead, I would like for it to go into a section of the backlog that we call "Pre-planning" 

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2024

Hi @Ly Lim 

So "Pre planning" is a sprint in Jira terms?

Yes, You can create automations blocks to update the sprint value for issues matching your conditions.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2024

Agreed.

@Ly Lim , I don't understand a section in the backlog called pre-planning can you share a screenshot of this?

Ly Lim May 8, 2024

yes you are right. this "pre-planning" is a sprint in jira terms. 

I looked at all the fields I can add/select and I tried all with "Sprint" but didn't see anything that look familiar

@Fazila Ashraf Do you where I can find this?

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2024

It has to be done via the advanced options. 

In my jira site the sprint (locked field) is of id 10007. So the automation block below works for us where 10874 is the sprint id for a particular sprint

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 15.40.16.png

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Ly Lim May 8, 2024

Thank you for screenshot! How would I know where to locate our IDs?

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2024

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-find-any-custom-field-s-ids-744522503.html has multiple approaches. Your site admin can easily look at the list of custom fields and find the ID

To identify your sprint id, refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-software-how-to-identify-the-id-of-a-sprint-779159065.html instructions

Like Ly Lim likes this
Ly Lim May 8, 2024

Thank you!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events