Automation Rule Not Working

Cole
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2017

I have an automation rule in my service desk project to automatically set the customer request type if it is empty. It was working initially, but now it is not. My other rules are working without issue. Why would my rule just stop working? How can I fix this?

automation.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2017

looks ok. are you sure that the incoming issue has issuetype = Incident? If so then clearly something has changed. Recent version update?

Cole
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2017

So there are actually 3 else ifs for other issue types, so it should cover all of mine. However, the rule is not working for any of them. Any ticket created from JIRA and not the portal has a request type of "No match" and does not show up on the portal. There have been no updates to my knowledge.

/Rant

I don't get this process at all.

First of all, it makes no sense that tickets made in JIRA would not show up on the portal without changing this.

Second of all, if it is going to work this way it should be possible to set a default for each issue type without automation. 

/End Rant

Cole
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2017

So I actually figured it out. I made a change yesterday to the create transition to change what event fired. Instead of Issue Created I was using a custom event because i have a complex looping workflow to assign tickets. I switched it back to Issue Created and it is now working. 

I would think the rule would run whenever the Issue Created rule is fired, which it was in a custom transition that went from open back to open. However, that didn't seem to work. I guess this is just a strange issue.

Thanks for the reply! 

Tatjana Solovjova August 11, 2017

I had the same problem. Changed the event in the postfunctions to "Issue Created" (Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners) and voila it's works! Thank you for your responce!!!

Suggest an answer