Automatically executing python script once the new issue is created

Thanakorn Vongsanong September 8, 2021

I'm working on the python script that will be executed once the new issue is created.

Is there a way to automate execution of python script once the new issue is created?

2 answers

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2021

Hi @Thanakorn Vongsanong ,

If you are using Jira cloud, you can use webhooks, specifically jira:issue_created webhook.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/webhooks/

0 votes
said kouzibry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2021

Hello and welcome,

It'll be difficult to help you without further information like ; 

Are you on cloud or jira server/data center ?

Where is the python script stored/executed ?

How do you normally execute your python script ? (From a CLI, by loading a web page, by making a rest call...)

Do you have any plugins installed ?

Naveen Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 6, 2022

Hello All,

We are using Jira cloud, And we have few python scripts built. We would like to execute the python script the moment a jira ticket is created.

we normally executed the script using pycharm now we want to trigger that script to run once jira ticket is raised.

Any suggestion to achieve this would help us a lot

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events