Automatic conversion of characters in comments

Konrad Gorczyca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2019

Hello,

Why when I paste sample text like this:

\\192.168.100.76\xxx\@_xxx\xxx\xxx\

Jira automatically deletes the \ sign before @

What is the reason ?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2019

Hi Konrad,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
I tested on my local environment using the sample text you posted and it works normally on the description and as a comment.
Just for us to better understand what is happening, can you please let us know if this issue happens on a next-gen or classic project? Are you using the new issue view?
Please, send us the steps to reproduce and we will try to replicate here to check if it's a bug.

Regards,
Angélica

Konrad Gorczyca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2019

Hello @Angélica Luz 

This issue happens on classic project. I'am using basic issue view.

It's looks like this:

obraz.png

It's should look like this:

\\192.168.100.76\xxxx\@_xxxx\xxxx\xxxx\xxxx

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2019

We were able to replicate the issue and also found that this is expected behaviour when using wiki markup.
A bug was created but closed as "Won't fix", here are the details why:

The backslash character "\" is an escape character and this how it behaves when using wiki markup.
The new issue view includes the new Fabric editor that is not using wiki markup and therefore this issue is not happening in there.

I tested using the new view and it indeed works. If you want to keep using the old view, you can use the code block that will keep the correct format.

If you have any other question, please let us know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events